Rules and Guideline
- Treat others as you would wish and expect to be treated yourself
- Be tolerant towards other’s behaviour and accept that generally, other members of this community act in good faith
- Give other community members the benefit of the doubt unless their behaviour shows otherwise
- Treat others online as you would treat them in real life; this means behaving with common decency, common sense, courtesy and respect; you are not anonymous here!
- Do not make personal attacks on other members of this community
- Do not make defamatory or false statements against others
- Do not reveal private or personal information about other users
- Do not make prejudiced comments, remarks or other statements about members
- Do not bully, make ‘trolling’ remarks or otherwise start trouble with other community members
If you are engaged in lively debate or disagreement with other people, please keep the following in mind:
- In many cases, you will be arguing about ‘opinion’, and there may not be an objectively right or wrong answer
- Remember that people are generally passionate about defending their beliefs and thoughts
- Accept that other community members will have different thoughts and beliefs to you and respect that
- Disagree with and discuss content and posts, not the people making them
- Do not engage in personal attacks
- If you are providing commentary, rebuttals or feedback please keep your comments positive and constructive
- If you have a complaint about another community member, please initially take it up with them in a civil way via private message; if this doesn’t work, please contact a moderator via private message
Our aim is to ensure the posting of high quality posts and comments in this community. You can help us to achieve this by:
- Thinking before you post – This is the golden rule; think about your content before you post it, is it something the community is going to care about?
- Staying On Topic – Please bear in mind the title and reason for this community’s existence and post with that in mind
- Posting content in the right subtopics – Please pay attention to the subtopic; this helps to keep the community organised and means your content can be found more easily by others
- Posting content that is informative, educational, entertaining or encourages discussion – We want content posted here to be engaging. If what you are going to post does not meet that criteria, it is unlikely to be of value to our community members
- Post ‘for’ the community, not ‘at’ the community – Remember your audience here; try to post content that will be relevant to them, take time to learn about the content that does (and doesn’t) do well and post with that in mind
You agree that you will not post any User Content that you do no own or otherwise have permission to post. Further your Content shall not:
- Posting too often – Please keep your posting frequency to a reasonable level; please do not make back-to-back posts and do not post just for the sake of it
- infringe any third party intellectual property, other proprietary or publicity/privacy rights;
- violate any law or regulation;
- be defamatory, profane, obscene, pornographic or harmful to minors; or
- contain any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
At our sole discretion, we may take any action with respect to your User Content, including actions to removing/censor your content, if we deem such User Content offensive.
You must not use the community/forums, Wall comments on Gztechgear sites for unsolicited advertising of your items or any other conduct that could be considered spamming. Spamming will result in restricted access to the community/forums and account disablement.
Occasionally, Members, moderators create official threads on the forums to communicate important information with the community. Please do your best to keep your comments and questions relevant to the topic, so we can answer and respond promptly. Off-topic comments may be removed from these threads to reduce confusion.
- Moderators will use their best judgement to apply these guidelines in a fair way and moderate activities appropriately to ensure the overall health of this community
- Moderators may not have the time or inclination to explain their moderation decisions and are under no obligation to do so
- Any activity, comments, posts or other interaction that you have with this community may be moderated by the moderators of this community, with or without explanation
- Moderators have the final decision on what is and isn’t acceptable use of this community
- If you are not sure if something you want to post will breach community guidelines, please contact a moderator privately before you post it an explain your concerns; they will let you know how to proceed
- In the event that you have a disagreement with a moderator, please contact the appropriate moderator privately and enter into a discussion with them
Our moderators are longtime community members. They are here to give you assistance and we ask that you respect them and their role within our community.
By taking part in this community, you agree to abide by these guidelines. If you do not do so, the following actions may be taken against you or your posts
- A request from a moderator to post appropriately in the community
- A warning from a moderator
- Removal of your post
- Your removal from the community (you may be able to rejoin the community later; contact a moderator to find out why you were removed before joining again)
- Your banning from the community (you will not be able to rejoin the community without permission and approval from a moderator)
As always, if you are unsure about any part of these community guidelines, please contact a moderator before posting your content,as they can advise you.